1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DeNiro v. Pacino

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 18, 2007.

?

Who's been better over his respective career?

1. Robert DeNiro

33 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Al Pacino

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. John

John Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've got an MP3 of Baldwin's scene. By far the best work he's done, though he was very good in The Departed -- and should have gotten a Best Supporting Actor nomination instead of Marky Mark.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend Primal Fear with Norton and Richard Gere. Norton is fantastic.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk in this thread about what I consider the most underrated movie ever: Heat. It's hard to imagine that it's underrated considering these two star and it features a stellar cast and a big name director, but somehow it just never gets the recognition I think it deserves.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Heat is definitely one of the best movies made in the last 15 or so years. The gunfight was unreal, Pacino & DeNiro were fantastic. Ashley Judd was adorable as hell. What is there not to like?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yeah.

Better choices.

Still... lightweights when comparing the 5 best movies in their oeuvre

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

C'mon, dude.

Even in the couple good pieces of work Pacino has been involved in since Clinton became president, he has been a charicature weak spot in them. Though the Insider was excellent.

He has two roles since then: the Munch screamer, and the whispering, barely intelligible loser getting by by chewing up scenery with is "Manson lamps".

6. Boognish

Boognish Member

Blake: A-B-C. A-always, B-be, C-closing. Always be closing!

Draft saved Draft deleted