1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deney Terrio

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Since we have an Adrian Zmed thread, I think it's only fair we have one for Mr. Terrio as well.

2. Didn't Deney once sue Merv Griffin for making a pass at him?

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I think so. I believe he told Merv he "wasn't ready yet".

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Didn't Deney teach John Travolta how to dance?

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never heard of this guy, so I looked him up on IMDB.

Hey! He was in Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan. He was...uhm....uh....one of Khan's crewmen. Yeah.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I will be seriously disappointed if either this or the Zmed thread winds up longer than this one:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/806811/

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Leslie is a God! How dare you compare him to heathens like Zmed and Terrio and Bronson Pinchot. Grrrr!

8. Freelance Hack

Deney Terrio was Dance Fever. And although I didn't like disco all that much, my 7 p.m. Saturday night TV options were limited when I was a kid. And there was no way in hell that I'd watch Hee Haw.

Some may say Dance Fever jumped the shark when Wayne Gretzky served as a celebrity judge -- and thus met Janet Jones. But the true jump the shark moment was when they forced Adrian Zmed upon us. Dance Fever was never the same after that.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Saturday nights I was usually with my dad while he was covering a high school football or baseball game. I truly don't remember watching TV on Saturday nights.

10. Freelance Hack

This was a syndicated show, just like Solid Gold, Star Search and Puttin' on the Hits. It aired here on Saturday nights -- may have aired another time elsewhere.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Of course, the other side of it was that it was a dance show. I only watched one that MTV showed.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

What, no Don Cornelius thread?

the shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted