1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems choose Charlotte for 2012 convention

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 1, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, to lead us in the Pledge of Allegiance, one of Charlotte's most honored citizens...Mr. Ric Flair. Whoooooooooooo!

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Everyone has heard about "Carolina" bbq, right? Charlotte is in North CAROLINA, right? I think the doofuses at Politico are being picky just to be snarky, idiotic jerkoffs.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Charlotte's more of a fried chicken town. You're not terribly far away from Lexington, which does solid Q, but it's not in Charlotte's web.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're right, but so are they.

5. Flying Headbutt

Hell if I knew that. I figured even if you're outside of Charlotte it's close enough. Is there no really good bbq right outside of Charlotte? Like, within an hour of it? Even 45 minutes works. I'd be stunned by that. Always just associated it all.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You can get decent Q in Charlotte, as you can any respectable southern town. But it's not their signature food. The locals probably have superhigh standards for such matters, especially if they have easy access to Lexington or Greenville-style bbq (or, god help us all, that mustard stuff in South Carolina)

7. Flying Headbutt

Lexington, Ky is nearby?

(See, the protesting is a bit much)

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Excellent post. Boehner will be looking for another state that allows smoking indoors. Does Virginia still allow it?

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

As a Kansas City loyalist, I can say there is no good BBQ within an hour of Charlotte. ;D

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God help any Democratic delegates who cross the border to spend a penny in S.C. with the NAACP boycott still in effect.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I spend a fair amount of time in Charlotte and there is just not a lot going on there. City pretty much closes up at night. Cuisine options are fair to midland.

Nothing really bad about the city but nothing really great about it either.

Draft saved Draft deleted