1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems attempting to narrow kiddie-pred gap

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 4, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Do you buy the 'family values' hypocrisy LB? Or, if not, why people would look at it that way, instead of it just being about an (R)?

2. It isn't hypocrisy to strive for an ideal. I've had several speeding tickets. Is it hypocritical for someone who gets speeding tickets all the time to tell other people not to speed?

Nobody is perfect. That doesn't mean you should stop trying to be.

3. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

The Repubs know there is no better rallying cry than that of the oppressed. Thats why they whine so much about "liberal" media and "activist" judges. Make people believe they are not being given a fair shake and all of a sudden you have gained the righteousness of the oppressed.

Smart strategy and it has worked well for them. They have been the victim of this strategy in regard to civil rights for women and minorities and have learned well to apply it themselves.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The funny thing about "family values" is that while you hear the phrase tossed around a lot, I've never seen them enumerated.

5. Damn, another long GOP winning streak bites the dust.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Been a damn long time since "Buh- buh- buh- ninety thousand dollars in the freezer," hasn't it?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I believe that would be the definition of hypocrisy.

8. I thought this was the sexual-predator undefeated string.

9. That's great. GOP's are hypocrites if they molest small children, but it's not as big of a deal if a dem does since they don't preach family values. Good lesson, thanks.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The "family values" thing is about as phony as the "traditional marriage" thing that the right wingers keep trumpeting on about. And then they're banging some guy up the ass in a bathroom stall.

At least the Dems just bang away without the preaching

11. As a matter of fact, yes, in terms of the political dynamics of the country, it IS worth when sectarian Protestant conservative politicians take a break from banging the Bible in order to go off banging children.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not harping on this guy because he's a scheduler. Were he an actual congressman, you can bet I'd be screaming for this guy's head, regardless of the R or D behind his name.

And on another note, what the scheduler did was sick. That part doesn't need a political justification.

Draft saved Draft deleted