1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats talking economy into a recession

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 27, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Link, please.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Poor Georgie-boy, he was duped by that noted British liberal Maggie Thatcher into thinking po' people should be able to own the hovels they live in.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What about personal responsibility and admitting they made mistakes? Or do we just keep passing the blame, and the buck, literally sometimes?

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I beat you by about 6 hours on this one, but I put on the journalism board to reflect that Zell is a whack job.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/53437/

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I hate to be repetitive, but that was one of your boy George's mantras.

That and "Spend! It's what our economy needs."

8. I distinctly remember George Bush and his croneys talking about how bad the economy was at the end of Clinton's term when they were trying to get Gore out of the White House.
    Of course, the economy hasn't been that good since, but I digress...

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As a liberal, I apologize for our bad economy.

10. Sources please.

11. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

It's hard to argue when you see this AP story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy;_ylt=Aiz3rW_exNXYPCA9Jrsd3qis0NUE

"The reading — unchanged from an initial estimate a month ago — underscored just how much momentum the economy has lost. In the prior quarter, the economy clocked in at a brisk 4.9 percent pace."

The media were talking about a recession last quarter when the numbers didn't come close to agreeing. I never heard anything about a brisk economy last quarter. It was all doom and gloom. How can anyone contend that the economy can't be talked down by doom and gloomers. When all anyone hears is negative news, even when things are positive, people start tightening the purse strings.

12. Yes, because the president and his administration have absolutely no method by which to get their message out to Americans.
    Let's all chip in and buy them a modem, OK?

Draft saved Draft deleted