1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats and/or liberals: Which Republican should we be rooting for?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

McCain has a way of sticking his foot in his mouth over and over. There was the Chelsea line... Just the other day he said, "I don't like to travel with Al Queda. They're always booking one-way tickets," then laughed.

If Brad Pitt's missing a sensitivity chip, McCain's missing the whole damn motherboard.

Can you imagine him at a G8 Summit? He would make friggin Bush massaging the German's gal's back look like the height of diplomacy.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why not just the best candidate, and not worry about the party, otherwise you could lose by winning.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could vote for McCain, but I think the fact he attracts independents is a turnoff for the GOP. Romney is a compulsive liar. I frankly think the GOP needs to start over and quit looking for a candidate who "fits the Reagan suit" and just figure out if they want to truly represent the wide spectrum of conservatives.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you mean the narrow spectrum of conservatives.

5. Lugnuts

You wanna see something pretty amazing? Google "McCain apologized."

On page 13 of Google responses, I found this little gem of a quote.

Lovely.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nah, he'd be fine at the summit.

He'd make the Hitler jokes on the flight home.

7. Lugnuts

Here's what I read about Huckster's stance on immigration:

It's a complex issue, but I'm basically with him on that.

8. Boom_70

[​IMG]

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No Kerry, Boomer?

10. Boom_70

no - the discussion has moved to presidential tempers. I thought Clinton was a better fit.

11. Lugnuts

Boom, who are you rooting for to get the Democratic nom, and why?

12. Boom_70

Obama - I like the energy and optimism that he brings. His election would be a shot in the arm for the country. Internationaly in the short term he would help us to regain some good will that has been lost during war with some countries. I also think it would be good for racial equality in this country. In the past few years we've gone backwards in matters of race.

That said I would want to know that Obama has the where with all to deal with our economic crisis. That is where Mike Bloomberg might be a better choice if he would run.

Draft saved Draft deleted