1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats and/or liberals: Which Republican should we be rooting for?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Mr. Lugs is rooting for chaos. He wants Fred to win South Carolina and Rudy to win Florida.

But to get the Republican nomination, should we root for the most outrageous candidate (Huckster) so that he'd be (ostensibly) highly beatable?

Or to safeguard against a potential catastrophe, should we root for the "least of all evils?" Rudy perhaps?

Or should we hope Bloomberg gets in the race?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think Rudy may be the evilest of all evils.

I can't find one to root for .. to lose.

George Bush, looked like a kid who should be sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on at the debates and still won, so who knows who is "beatable?"

(If I had to pick one to win, it would be McCain, though. I don't agree with some of his stances and he is chippy, but he seems to have a lot more integrity than most politicians.)

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd go for McCain.

4. Lugnuts

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I just hope it's a big clusterfuck and no one can get the required number of delegates. What's better than a fractured party with no candidate to get behind? Plus, it's good political theater.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Because he's the most electable of all the candidates, actually has policies that make sense to try and turn things around, and would attempt to rein in the divisiveness that has overwhelmed politics in America.

In addition, it appears he would get at least a fair shake from most of the national media, even more likely favorable coverage, which would certainly help him on the campaign trail.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Of all the liberal circle jerk threads around here, this one takes the cake.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you are mixing your metaphors, pill.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Huh?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And Rush Limbaugh hates him. So he has that going for him.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

libaugh hates pallister?

12. Lugnuts

GB, McCain has slowly drifted to the right. If you take one of those issues quizzes, it's possible you'll find McCain is your least favored candidate.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/projects/ongoing/select_a_candidate/president.shtml

Draft saved Draft deleted