1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democratic Congresswoman Among 12 Shot in Arizona

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: Democratic Congresswoman Assassinated in Arizona

Second Amendment solutions. Just keep turning that phrase over and over in your head, and then tell yourself it's all words and rhetoric and none of it really matters cause it's all just part of the political process. Tra-la-la, tra-la-lee.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Sheriff's presser scheduled for 1:30 local time.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You're right on an obvious level, but the use of gun sights and her(FoxNEWS) overly aggressive rhetoric and symbolism is a sign that she(FoxNEWS) is, at best, an immature thoughtless blowhard with delusions of grandeur. At worst, she's(FoxNEWS) so self absorbed with her own self righteousness, that she(FoxNEWS) may actually believe that those that oppose her(FoxNEWS) are evil, in the biblical sense, and her(FoxNEWS) opponents need to be cast out, by an means necessary.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sure. And there will be some soul-searching, and the more mainstreamers will tone down the rhetoric in awhile. But eventually, we'll all go back to doing what we've always done. Pat Tillman didn't stop football as war analogies forever, either.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd love to discuss them but that would result in this thread getting locked so I'll just say they're political in nature.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm surprised that some people have jobs in this business without the ability to think critically.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Look, I'm not condoning Sarah Palin's rhetoric by any stretch. It is very inflammatory and certainly doesn't help matters.

But even if that's what motivated the shooter, you can only blame people like Sarah Palin so much. Ultimately, whoever did this made the decision to pull the trigger himself or herself.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Rahm Emmnauel knows all about kind and gentle words and images.

BTW, I'm not a Palin supporter, vote for the best candidate in each race no matter the party and think inflammatory rhetoric is just par for the course in politics. As RickStain said, rhetoric will be tempered for a while, but go back to normal soon enough.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Let's not jump to conclusions yet.

As much as I hate to say it, there's a part of me that thinks that this is not going to be what everybody thinks it is.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's heavy metal's fault!

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Eyewitness account.