1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democratic Congresswoman Among 12 Shot in Arizona

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The same could have been said about Spiro Agnew (Vice Presidents are subject to the same eligibility criteria), but it wasn't.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

yf, do you currently have any spots open for an apprenticeship? I think I have someone who I want to refer to you. Your updates on the project have been sparse.

4. YankeeFan

I'm not sure what you want to hear. So Agnew wasn't accused of being born outside the U.S. Maybe that's because his father emigrated to the U.S. 21 years before his birth. Maybe it's because no one thought of it.

I'm not sure if Obama's mother ever even visited Kenya. It's a dumb theory. Dumb.

But it caught fire in a small corner of the internet -- which obviously didn't exist back when Agnew was running -- and spread when folks claimed that a false birth certificate was released.

I think the whole "birther" movement got more attention than it deserved, not because so many people believed it, but because it made the bithers -- and by extension all of Obama's critics -- look so bad.

But for every kooky theory that you can find on the right, I can find one on the left. I wouldn't even need to look beyond those centering on Sarah Palin.

And, as I said, there were questions about McCain's eligibility.

5. YankeeFan

If you have a legitimate question, you can PM me or post it on that thread. There's no reason for you to chase me around this site with your disingenuous concern.

I'm sorry that your career hasn't worked out as well as you hoped. I'm sorry that law school didn't put you on the path you hoped it would.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to find a steady job as a lawyer.

But, you need to have a better attitude. Your cynicism is apparent, and will be a turnoff to prospective employers and clients.

I wish you only the best and hope you seek counseling if that's what you need.

I'm just not sure how pissing on me in multiple threads is going to help you turn your life around.

6. Point of Order

I think it's material to your credibility on this thread. Will you be posting an update or not?

7. YankeeFan

You're embarrassing yourself. But, that's not new.

8. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

That post was no worse than your ersatz concern for his law career.

9. YankeeFan

His issues with my success and the potential success of others seems to stem from his own failure. That's the only reason I brought it up.

10. Point of Order

Hey, avoid the question if you want, but the fact is you have serious credibility issues on this and other threads.

11. YankeeFan

Ask it on the other thread. You'll get an answer.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe the Weathermen didn't stack up a body count but it wasn't for lack of trying.
    And people don't lose arguments just because you say so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.