1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrat Activists Trying To Piss Away Their Majority

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 21, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The mentions of your name weren't at all flattering, and what people were saying about you, me included, wasn't very nice. It wasn't a case of "Where's Yawn?" It was a case of "Yawn hasn't spouted out a mound of steaming cow dung on this particular thread."

You think we missed you? BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You love to hate. Hey, it's not like I really feel an affinity for you. You just didn't have anyone to fight. Liberals left alone are quite the bore.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So your expert opinion is I'm disappointed because there's no one to fight? That if there's not something to complain about, I have no life? Boy, talk about misguided and misinformed.

You're a one-trick pony on here, and it seems your only purpose is to stir up crap. You don't even come off as being sincerely interested or caring about America as a whole. You seem to like the fight more than you do the end result. But hey, that's you, and you seem comfortable in that role.

But you overestimate your value on this board, and in life, if this is all you bring to the table. At least I have the ability to speak confidently and knowledgably about a wide variety of topics about which you apparently have no clue.

Thanks for playing, though.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know, thinking logically, I'm not. I'm sure most people would like the U.S. and its allies win the war in Iraq. The trouble is, most people also can't see how it's going to happen.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You're one self-righteous son of a bitch, Alley.

That's all I have to say.

Oh, and thanks for being at peace with your understanding of my role on the board, uh, I guess.

6. The results are less stunning when you consider:
    a) they're commissioned by the NY Post and
    b) the poll is question was conducted by these folks:
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Public_Opinion_Strategies

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Me, self righteous? BWUHAHAHAHAHA! The unintentional comedic flailings of Yawn never ends.

Yawn, if you can point to something substantive that you've posted about regularly, not involving politics or American Idol, then I'll apologize to you right here for doubting.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He once talked to a producer on Sean Hannity's show, Allen.

He's a very important man.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fixed.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Just goes to prove people within the party are sometimes a party's own worst enemy.

11. And sometimes, they're not.
    You ask me, and nobody has, the DLC's been a far bigger problem within the party, and within the country's politics at large, than the netroots have been. After all, it was the latter that got the fire first lit under Tester in Montana and Webb in Virginia, to say nothing of both of the House candidates who won in NH.
    Primaries are good. They generate interest and, given the advantages of incumbency, they're one of the only ways to hold an incumbent responsible.

12. rallen13

rallen13 Member

As the old addage goes, "He who laughs last, laughs loudest." It is far too early in the 2008 Super Bowl of Politics to make a call. Since we have a politically divided government at present, perhaps it would be better for all to sit back and see what the near future will bring. Then someone (Liberal or Conservative) will be able to laugh last and loudest. IF, that is, N. Korea, Russia and/or Iran don't screw it all up and waste the entire world.
    Don't construe that comment as an argument for pre-emtive action, just don't forget that the threat has been, and still is, out there. I grew up with it under Truman, Ike, JFK, Johnson, et. al., Dems and Reps alike.
    Nuclear war recognizes no party or ideology. We just need to pray that someone, also Dem or Rep, can pull off the miracle and defuse the time bomb. I could care less who does it, JUST DO IT. Bush hasn't been able to, maybe Gore/Kerry would not have been able to either. Who knows? That's in the past. Now is the time to look to the future and seek leadership that can. And it is way too soon in the race to do that.

Patience. Patience for just a while.
    And don't rule out any one, regardless of ideological position.

Draft saved Draft deleted