1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

demise of "s.i." truly saddens me

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, May 27, 2009.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

My head just exploded.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was wondering if maybe he borrowed Doc Brown's Delorean and went back in time to stop Selena's parents from ever meeting at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Must be, because mine has it. Right above the mug, just as Ballard's and Taylor's were in the previous two issues.

But while we're talking about the caricatures mugs ... yeesh. Not a fan of that idea.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The b/w pixellated pics weren't so bad...but these new ones look like something from a budget bar mitzvah.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Your joke was funnier. Credit where credit is due.

6. willwriteforfood

willwriteforfood New Member

whatever. if SI came calling nobody on this board would turn them down. what a joke. if those who can't make it simply complain this board is full of people going nowhere.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We're journalists. We already know we're going nowhere.

You can call it complaining, I call it harsh but fair criticism of a publication that was once the benchmark in this business. Maybe you haven't been reading SI for 20 years and therefore don't find these mistakes alarming. You're the exception.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just curious - for what will you write coherently?

9. willwriteforfood

No, I'm just sick of getting on here and seeing people incessantly bitch. It would be great to see all the people on this board taking digs at other writers, publications and companies try and pool their collective hatred into something worthwhile ... like discovering a way to breathe new life into this business.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think you bitching about other people bitching would make great copy for page one. When can the photog stop by your mom's basement to take the picture? Industry, revitalized!

11. willwriteforfood

Just tell the photog I'll be in your mom's basement -- and by basement I mean ass.

12. theredshirtsenior

theredshirtsenior New Member

Ha!

Draft saved Draft deleted