1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demetri Martin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, May 22, 2007.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Has anyone heard this guy's comedy? Man, it's freaking hilarious. The thing I really like about is the cussing is to an ultra minimum, but it's still hilarious. Not that I'm on some moral high horse, I love Chris Rock and Chappelle and Eddie and all those guys, but this guy is really funny. I suggest checking him out if you like stand-up. I think his newest CD is called "These are Jokes"

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I saw him a couple of months ago. He had a special on Comedy Central. Really funny stuff. I think he's done two specials for Comedy Central. His website's pretty cool, too.

[​IMG]

3. He also does guest appearances on The Daily Show.
    He's pretty funny. Really, really dry.
    Now how long until a hater comes on here and starts claiming he isn't funny?

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Very very dry. That's my sense of humor. I guess that's why I find him so hilarious.

5. I saw his special on Comedy Central and I laughed my ass off for the whole hour. The one thing that caught my attention was he seemed to have stolen a lot of his schtick from Mitch Hedberg. But obviously since Mitch is gone, I guess it's OK because the comedy that Mitch and Demetri do is absolutely hilarious.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The thing that impressed me was the way he went about his comedy. It wasn't just him standing up there telling jokes. He played instruments, used art, just seemed like a talented guy.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Funny dude, although I never thought of comparing him to Hedberg, whom I don't find funny. But that's just me.

8. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Honestly, after reading this, I'll probably never take anything you say seriously again.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh no, whatever will I do?

10. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Not sure, but I should probably go fetch you a beer, right? ;D

Seriously though — how can you not find Mitch Hedberg funny? Some burned-out hippie steal your girlfriend once?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

He just doesn't make me laugh. Maybe I'm not doing enough drugs. :)

As for that beer, I'm not as high maintenance as some of these beer snobs around here, so I'll take a Miller Lite, in a 16-ounce can.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He did a You Tube bit on The Daily Show that had me in tears...

Draft saved Draft deleted