1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demarcus Cousins throws it in Clay's face

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So very true.

This would be an important time to remind everyone that even AJ Dauliero thought Clay wasn't professional enough to work with.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  2. What makes Clay unprofessional?

3. Double Down

Are we reading the same thread?

JackReacher likes this.
  4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Sorry, you're too unprofessional for Deadspin... I love Deadspin, but that is some funny stuff...

5. RecoveringJournalist

Don't feed our newest troll... :D

6. He's edgy, but let's not make that out to be unprofessional. He's a lawyer, has written two books and became an overnight sensation on Fox Sports 1. Let's not sell him short.

7. This thread is like all the threads that make fun of Simmons.

Clay Travis did the same thing. He started a nondescript internet blog, attracted a mass audience to it and used that to have a career in other mediums. He's a star, as much as people like to wish he wasn't.

8. Double Down

I never said he wasn't a star. Nor did I ever suggest I wish he wasn't. You're confusing the two, purposefully, I suspect. That he should shape "media" in people's eyes (Marshawn Lynch's eyes?) is a different matter. If "edgy" is a wide net that includes his not-that-subtle race baiting and blatant classism, then sure, he's edgy. Nobody is suggesting the formula isn't a winning one, if you can stomach it.

9. RecoveringJournalist

I understand Simmons isn't for everyone, but next to Travis, he looks like Grantland Rice.

I happen to really like Simmons.

10. I don't think you can say he was "race baiting." At the time he said that, Demarcus Cousins couldn't even get along with John Calipari, the biggest player's coach in all of sports. He kept getting in trouble. I don't think it was a terrible prediction.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

why is a Clay Travis thread on a journalism board?

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Best in the business at what?

Draft saved Draft deleted