1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Delta's baggage handlers in SLC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, Jun 20, 2007.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd be writing this because I've always been of the opinion that airline baggage handlers are some of the most ineffective people on Earth. But Delta's baggage crew in Salt Lake City came through with flying colors last night.

When I got to SLC there was only six minutes until my connecting flight left, and in fact another connecting passenger and I had to talk the gate agent into pushing the jetway back up to the plane so we could get on.

I figured the chances of my luggage and golf clubs getting put on my connection were about one-thousandth of 1 percent, but in fact both bags made it. I don't know how they did it, but it sure makes travel easier when your luggage isn't always trying to catch up to you.

Maybe there really is a difference at Delta since it emerged from bankruptcy, or maybe not, but this time they done good.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This will not end well.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Spirit Airlines all the way, all the time for me!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The baggage handlers are Mormons trying to recruit you by getting in your good graces! :D

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Paging bydesign77. bydesign77, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

6. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

That's exactly how we roll here...

In fact, if you look in your luggage you'll find a complimentary copy of The Book of Mormon for your reading pleasure.

The handlers also replaced all of your Pro V1s with commemorative LaVell Edwards Slazengers.

Finally, you should also find a copy of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's greatest hits in your garment bag.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought you were going to say you will find the "sacred garment" in your garment bag.

Draft saved Draft deleted