1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Delmon Young Arrested On Hate Crime Charge

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's on the baseball thread but this one deserves it's own thread.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/detroit_slugger_delmon_young_busted_qabDrrRJ45eBxoay6qou1O

I guess it's a good thing for Young that the guy that he pushed down was not George Zimmerman.

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

It'll be real, real interesting to see what the Tigers and MLB do about this. It also likely confirms why the Twins were so eager to dump him - to a division rival, no less.

Yeah, it's the same Delmon Young who went Juan Marichal on an ump when he was in the minors.

Real class.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

At .242 it's not impossible last night's Breathalyzer exceeds this season's batting average.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

5. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

The Twins were eager to dump him because he couldn't hit a slider with a tree trunk.

But, yeah, this doesn't really surprise me.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly the Tigers will deal with Delmon with the same rock-ribbed discipline they used on woman-beating drunken drug-addict fatass pig Dmitri: Let him do whatever the fuck he wants until he tells Jim Leyland to get fucked in full view of the whole team in the middle of a game. The team took swift action.

Ironically one year earlier almost exactly to the day, Dmitri Young had told then-manager Alan Trammell to get fucked in full view of the whole team in the middle of a game. The team took action then but not quite so swift -- two weeks later they fired Trammell.

Shortly thereafter Leyland was hired as manager. As is customary, the team put out a press release with player quotes on the hiring. Among the players quoted as saying Leyland was a manager he could "respect" and "work with" was, you guessed it, Dmitri Young.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

What are the odds he was out drinking with Miggy?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Devil Rays have had a rogues gallary of players through their system:

Young
    Elijah Dukes
    Josh Hamilton
    Matt Bush

I think there was one more that SI wrote about. He was Hamilton's friend but his name escapes me.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if he was Hamilton's friend, but don't forget the Legend of Toe Nash. In addition to performing poorly in the minors, I believe he was also released for relations with an underage girl.

10. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Detroit Tigers slugger Delmon Young went on a drunken, anti-Semetic rampage outside a posh Manhattan hotel early this morning — shouting “F-ing Jews” to a group of tourists before throwing one to the ground, sources said.

Did the New York Post dump all its copy editors, too?

Draft saved Draft deleted