1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Delayed at O'Hare

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Rambler

Rambler Member

I had two flights canceled on me today so I never even made it to O'Hare. Supposed to try again at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. Brutal.

2. That is brutal. There are flights leaving from here, but almost everything is delayed either because the planes are late from other cities or bad weather in destination cities. It's foggy here now, but nothing too bad. I overheard this one guy on line talking about how his flight got cancelled to Des Moines. No car rentals anywhere in Chicagoland and the hotel pickings sounded slim.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Des Moines is supposed to have blizzard like conditions tomorrow. Hope that guy gets back soon.

4. Just checked the weather forecast here and it looks good. Mostly cloudy and a little fog.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

At least you are in a terminal with the normal flights and not with the regional/commuter ones. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Being stuck in one of those for a few hours is like being stuck in the seventh level of Hell.

6. Can't say I've had the experience. Don't think I would like it though.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Midway is hell on earth, I had a six-hour delayed layover there once. Got drunk as hell.

But if Midway is hell on earth, O'Hare is just hell. I hate that fucking place.

Atlanta bites it too. Just flew through that monstrosity.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. You're cool. Fuck you.

I sat ON THE GODDAMN PLANE in Houston for four and a half fucking hours the night before Turkey Day.

You may all now kiss my fucking ass.

9. Atlanta is hell too. Been through there a couple of times and it was pure hell.

10. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I probably would have had a panic attack. That has to be the worse feeling when you have nowhere to go.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

threads like these are why I will do whatever I can to live within driving distance of my folks. I don't travel very well to start with. If I had to sit there and worry about missing out on valuable and rare family holiday time b/c of the vagaries of airline travel, I'd be a cursing foaming mess.

I figure if I ever move more than a couple hours away from my folks, we'd just drive up overnight Christmas Eve. No fucking way am I going to deal with airline bullshit during Christmas week.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Will,

Yeah. It sucked, to say the least. Especially when my iPhone battery dead.

Sorry for the rant. Back to the programming.

You haven't spotted Liza Manelli, have you?

Draft saved Draft deleted