1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Delaware County (Pa.) Times partying like it's 2005

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Most of us laugh at cookie-cutter newspaper websites, but the Delaware County Times takes the cake with a "Share" button for MySpace. Does the web manager know MySpace is not where the cool kids go?

I noticed this story, which is horrible because a 13-year-old boy was robbed at gunpoint for his meatball sub.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/11/02/news/doc4eb0bdac8237a420400648.txt

2. You forgot to point out there's also a Facebook recommend button and some sort of Twitter newsfeed, so the site is far from ancient. And if you're going to include some social media functions, why not just include a Myspace share button? It's not that no one uses Myspace, it's that fewer people do. I still see a lot of news sites with Digg buttons, which I would wager has a far smaller user base than Myspace.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Your point is a good one, though Digg and MySpace are very close these days according to Alexa.com. Twitter didn't actually pass MySpace until late 2009.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

And next week's cool site will be....

5. A 50-pixel-wide button doesn't cost anything extra.

Draft saved Draft deleted