1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Del Taco is delicious

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And I feel like all of you should know this.

I just ate some Del Taco for lunch. Hopefully you have them in your area.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Best thing about Del Taco is Taco Tuesday.

Three supreme tacos for $2.25 (including tax) hit the spot on a night where I often cover late meetings.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Hopefully it is meat and not filler like Taco Hell

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So what Taco Bell uses filler meat? I think they have soy in their recipe. So did the hamburgers that were sold as part of my school lunches in high school. Taco Bell won't kill you and I am sick of you slandering their good name!

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hack in the Box's tacos I don't think have a shred of meat...

And I love them.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Del Taco is good enough but its freaking expensive for what you get. I personally have a problem with a taco place that serves french fries. I'll still go to Taco Bell regardless, it's better, but that's just me.

And, yes, I used to work at Jack in the Box and I can attest that their tacos are a soy-based product and not actually meat.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Taco Bell's 5-layer burrito is the best fast food deal out there.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Del Taco isn't bad, but it is a bit pricier than Taco Bell. It's probably slightly healthier than T. Bell too.

Not many around me though, so I don't get to go often. I'd still take Five Guys Burgers and Fries over either of them.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I dated a girl from Tulsa 10 years back and fell in love with Taco Bueno out there. Her....not so much.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I miss Del Taco terribly. Had one in Flagstaff. So awesome. Great fish tacos. Also, tremendous bacon, egg and cheese quesadila. I think I might have seen a Del Taco in Rock Hill, S.C. Should have stopped.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I used to eat Del Taco burgers in California as post-bar food quite a bit....an underrated part of their repertoire....

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Del Taco does have surprisingly good burgers and fries, considering it's known for Mexican food.

Draft saved Draft deleted