1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deitsch: Posnanski is "the country's current best daily sports columnist"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chi City 81, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Long overdue, in my opinion.

There is no sports columnist I'd rather read everyday than Joe Posnanski.

Unfortunately, the crack copy editors (and Deitsch himself, apparently) at SI.com didn't know Joe's last name isn't "Posanski."

On a related note, check out
    later in the column. Hilarious.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It makes me want to kill myself that the Herschel Walker item on his blog, something he did in his FREE TIME, is better than anything I will ever write.

That being said, from one ex-Clevelander who hates Art Modell to another, a toast to Mr. Posnanski, long my favorite daily columnist.

3. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Make that two.

4. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

Hands down, the best I've read. One of a handful of columnists I'll actively seek out.

5. rdeitsch

rdeitsch New Member

No blaming crack copy editors. The idiot is spelled D-E-I-T-S-C-H.

Not sure how that happened, but I have to take the hit. Thankfully, since it's a web column, the man's name is now correct.

JP is a wonderful writer and I highly recommend his blog.

6. I Like HD

I Like HD Member

I enjoy Joe, and he is great. Though I will point out that he doesn't know how to write anything of moderate length anymore.

There are a lot of times when I see his column, know it's going to be good, but just won't read it because I don't feel like reading 40 inches of copy before he gets to the point.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

jesus, joe's 40 inches read like 12. i can read him all day

and good god, the herschel blog post was amazing -- can't wait to read his knowshon blog item

8. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I concur on Posnanski and will take it one step further.

I think KC has the best stable of columnists. Whitlock's strengths are different from Posnanski's and both are typically thought provoking. That's what I want from a columnist. Whitlock might not win many writing awards, but he's interesting most days. And Posnanski does win the awards. They complement each other perfectly.

Fabulous duo in my opinion.

9. Posnanski and Whitlock form the best sports columnist duo since Bob Verdi and Bernie Lincicome at the Chicago Tribune back in the day.

10. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Nobody better than Posnanski. I run his column any time I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted