1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deitsch on the Skip Bayless-ization of ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by H.L. Mencken, Dec 27, 2011.

1. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Dana Jacobson gets reassigned, removed from First Take. Diestch expresses dismay, and bangs on Bayless for awhile.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/evmsld

Your thoughts below.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Jacobson made Bayless seem like Jim McKay. I mean, I never watch that shit.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I like Dana Jacobsen.

Skip? Not so much.

4. doodah

doodah Guest

I'm not so sure Dana deserves it. She continued to let Skip rant when she was on the show, so she's not much different than Jay Crawford

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Have you even watched the show? There's no stopping Skip once he gets going.

6. doodah

doodah Guest

Yes, and nobody has ever told him to "shut up" or that he's an "idiot" or that Troy Aikman's sexuality should not be guessed on in a book about hte Dallas Cowboys

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Skip Bayless is the dopest rapper alive

8. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

... I suppose this was what happens when you let douchebags be douchaebags. Happens way too much in the world.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I like Jacobsen, but Crawford is a better host. The show is pretty much unwatchable to me at this point, so I guess it doesn't matter. I can't imagine many things worse on TV than Rob Parker and Skip debating a topic.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another show on ESPN with people screaming at each other? I never knew ... shocked, I'm telling you, shocked. A case of Skip-er Shock, if you please.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The greatest thing that the San Jose Mercury News ever did was allow ESPN to take Skip Bayless (I forget how the transition actually went, so if there was another stop for Bayless between San Jose and Bristol forgive me). The guy has always been an idiot, good on Jacobsen to leave.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I find this funny after last week when ESPN showed how the "media" was handling the Tebow story. Every single clip they used was from an ESPN commentator and Skip Bayless.

Draft saved Draft deleted