1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deflategate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 19, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is it throwing stuff against the wall? It sounds to me like reporting what people in the NFL have believed for a long time.

Any team that has ever gotten rolling in a hurry-up drill in New England has experienced the sudden jamming of headsets. So the thing about the towel boys ... or the TV angled toward the Patriots' bench ... would any of that come as a surprise?

And in the case that defines the whole controversy ... Goodell DID destroy all of the evidence. And then we went from "I want to talk to Matt Walsh" to "It's all bullshit" without any steps in between. I know the nut-licker media lapped it up, but does anyone buy now that Spygate ended well from the league's perspective?

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

"Takedowns" are never actually takedowns except to fanboy douches.

JackReacher likes this.
  4. schiezainc

That was a very well researched and thought out response by you in reply to that story above. I'm glad I took the time to read it. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  5. LongTimeListener

My pleasure.

It's "reply," though. Don't type angry.

6. schiezainc

Hard to be angry when your favorite football team is the greatest of all time.

7. LongTimeListener

And yet you and Rhody find a way. It's weird.

Hokie_pokie and JackReacher like this.
  8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It might be good but I'll admit I stopped reading after he said "There are cameras everywhere. Literally everywhere."
    Unnecessary second sentence to add. Doesn't add anything to the point and makes what was just said unquestionably wrong.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, this just got real.

10. schiezainc

We have to do something before we make our plans to attend yet another Boston sports parade.
    It's tough, man. Really tough.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If anyone is wondering why people hate the Patriots, I'd like to submit Exhibit A, your honor.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  12. schiezainc

If you knew me, you'd know I was being facetious. I hate the Red Sox, tolerate the Bruins and have no opinion on the Celtics. As for the Pats, we haven't won shit in a decade.
    But, yeah, if LTL is going to push me, I'll go full heel. That's fine. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted