1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deficit spending ... just blame Clinton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lamar Mundane, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

obviously the motherfuckingpresident, ain't, tony. cocksucker hasn't seen a bottom line that'd make the rich richer that he didn't want to invest in.

but, you know me, tony. i could be wrong. ;)

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Calvin & Hobbes is easily the best comic ever created.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I'm sure that the McCain campaign is preparing a commercial blaming all of this on Obama.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The first guy who harangued for years about balancing the budget, and then blew the deficit over the moon:

[​IMG]

Oh, yes. I forgot. That was all Carter's fault. OK.

(How could I forget -- Reagan flunkies were still using Carter as an excuse as late as 1987-88.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The GOP was taken away from fiscal conservatives long, long ago by the social and neo versions whose genuine interests don't seem to go beyond cultural righteousness and xenophobia. But, hey, battle cries like "No new taxes!" and "tax and spend liberal" still seem to shake some ignorant followers from the trees.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Libs: tax and spend

Modern GOP: borrow like there's no tomorrow, and spend beyond an unlimited budget.

No wonder George Allen (the football coach, not the current Virginia yahoo) was a right-winger. "He was given an unlimited budget -- and exceeded it".

As both Ronnie Rayguns and Fredo have said, "Hey, it's not my money."

No shit, douchebags.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Really hate to jump in here, because I'm trying to lower my blood pressure, but do you really think Democrats are going to go back to balanced budgets either?
    I'll give Clinton his due where finances are concerned. Although I think he played some shell games to make the books look balanced, he did pay off some debt while he was in office. Those days are long gone, though. An Obama election and a Democratic majority just means way too much spending on different things than what we have now. Instead of spending money in Iraq, we'll spend it on a national healthcare plan and other social programs that are money pits.
    They all suck. Sad thing is, there doesn't seem to be anything we the people can do about it. You vote out one douchebag, and another takes his place.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Dems instituted PayGo - you know the pay as you go requirement the GOP abandoned when it took power.

Obama might not balance the budget either but I prefer my taxes going to rebuild the country's infrastructure for children's health care and investing in college education so the youth have job opportunities and don't have to partake in govt programs.

Last time the number of people living in poverty went down? check Clinton's record on that and the fact that his investment in law enforcement coupled with ban on assault weapons resulted in lower violent crime stats EVERY year he was in office.

Can GOP of past 7 years make that claim.

Draft saved Draft deleted