1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defending the Indefensible - Roman Polanski

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gore Vidal is still pissed off that his mother got to fuck Clark Gable and he didn't.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Didn't Polanski's victim come out this week and said she doesn't want Polanski extradicted because she doesn't want the publicity his trial would bring upon her? Coulda swore I heard that on the Beeb.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think you heard it from Robert E Lee.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't think so. My guess is he would have challenged Polanski to a duel.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes, the victim did say that. She's been living a quiet life, and I'm sure she hates to see this story dredged up every few years with her name and picture attached to it. 21, great post.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

And on the previous Harvey Weinstein post and his statement that Hollywood is a "moral compass"-STFU. I guess that explaiins this quote by Weinstein:

"We know what is best for movie goers, and if they don't like our movies it's their fault." Thanks for knowing what is best for me, Harvey.

Also, Harvey, I'm pretty sure that you were notorious for fucking many Hollywood starlets in your office. Paging Gwyneth Paltrow. Is what he did unusual? Hell, no. But he doesn't get to hold the compass, either.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Even better fun fact.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I thought you might like that one. :D

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

You are full of fun facts, Double J. It's part of your charm ;)

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

So I wonder what Roman Polanski's bleeding-heart buddies will think of a new allegation - that, decades ago, he raped a 16-year-old girl who is now going public with her story?

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/809939--english-actress-accuses-roman-polanski-of-abuse-in-1980s?bn=1

“Mr. Polanski knew that I was only 16 years old when he met me and forced himself upon me in his apartment in Paris,” Lewis said in prepared remarks at a news conference in Los Angeles.

“He took advantage of me and I have lived with the effects of his behaviour ever since it occurred,” she said.

I should note that this woman's attorney is none other than notorious fame whore Gloria Allred.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Thus, she kept quiet about it for 25 28 years.
    Must have been so difficult for her.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Boom bump.

Draft saved Draft deleted