1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defending Bush on social issues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I just assumed "Heinz" was F_B's middle name.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

George Bush was good at first until he went too far.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

That made Dane Cook look like Richard Pryor.

God, I won't be able to work again today.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Umm. hate to bring up ancient history and stuff but those hating on Lincoln were probably pro-slavery. Personally, I wouldn't use them as reference but if you want to, have at it.

Next?

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Well, some in the German press said Hitler was good, so I'm sure he was.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

See, that's the selfish part of conservatism that will eventually alienate most of the working class, as the disparity between ruling and working becomes wider. You know, the two Americas John Edwards speaks of while signing off on the loan for his new home. Which is, by the way, in a gated community.

I have to agree with Fenian on that one, though. General welfare means more than just beans for a meal.

7. Then what does it mean? A cradle-to-grave welfare state, like in Scandinavia? Fine, but be prepared to pay a shitload more in tax and have a shitload more unemployment.

It's self-reliant, not selfish.

8. It wasn't just newspapers in the South that were against Lincoln.

9. He didn't say "South."
    He said "pro-slavery."
    Thank you for playing.

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

FB,

He's playing the misdirection and slight-of-hand tactic. His Jedi mind tricks cannot reveal the truth. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He heard or read some conservative middle-aged white man and like the good parrot he is he regurgtitated.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Dude,

We live in a capitalist society if you want free handouts for everyone move to China or Cuba for christ sake.

I believe in helping people when they are down, but John Edwards and Company, which likely includes you want to hand everything out to everyone - ven if they aren't legally deserving of it.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Red, who are you talking to?

Draft saved Draft deleted