1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deer found on high school bus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 20, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

this is taking rivalries to a new level...

http://www.ksat.com/news/14374343/detail.html

here's the lead:

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They have homecoming for volleyball?

3. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Get back to me when a horse's head shows up in the coach's bed. That's when you'll know things have turned seriously nasty in San Antonio. Until then, it's just a run-of-the-mill prank.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Would be much a cooler story if they weren't shocked to find a bloody deer carcass on their bus.

"This shit happens all the time," said Podunk coach Gina Takitdeep. "Hell, last week someone staple-gunned a dead cat to our locker room door."

5. KG

KG Active Member

This story brings me back to the good old days of my high school's rivalry with a neighboring county.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of shit in my life, but that was awesome!

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

High school rivalries are dangerous for Texas fauna.

In the 1970s, so legend goes, ne'er-do-wells from the rival high school accidentally killed my alma mater's mascot- a colt. They painted the little horse in their school colors. Lead-based paint. Horse died, not sure about the equine physiology of it all or if the story's even true, but it was an oft-repeated tale.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Huh, I think I know where you went to school now.
    Did they bury it at the school?

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

also in texas, there was supposedly a horse head (we were stallions) involved between my alma mater and the crosstown rivals back in the 70s but i never did know if it was true.

i do know that one year the adopted mascot – a little mutt named touchdown – was found hanged and painted maroon before the big rivalry game. kind of sad seeing his doghouse on the sideline at that week's game but no touchdown. supposedly one of the culprits was rival's starting qb who went on to play at smu and had a short stay with tampa bay.

Draft saved Draft deleted