1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deep Throat dies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OTD, Dec 18, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Felt could have stayed quiet, collected his paychecks and ignored his conscience. Instead, he bravely put his career on the line and helped expose a corrupt administration.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess heaven needed a source

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess God needed to meet someone in a parking garage.

RIP

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The guy was 2nd in command of the FBI leaking top secret information to journalists. How does that make him a hero?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

6. First of all, Boom, he didn't "leak" anything. He merely confirmed what W&B found out from other sources, most notably concerning the secret slush fund that financed a criminal conspiracy from inside the WH and the DOJ. Because of what he did, the criminals -- with one notable exception -- all went to jail.
    Hero? Antihero? Don't care.
    An act of public service?
    You betcha.

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Same here, ID. I should know better but if somebody had asked me I would have said he was already dead.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow - are you the same Fenian who has told us time and time again how the DOJ has trashed the constitution with their wire tao activities.

Mark Felt authorized illegal wire taps and break ins on the Weather Underground.

It seems like this guy consistently trashed the Constitution.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I can remember people speculating about the identity of Deep Throat for years. When one of the editors at the student newspaper where I worked at the time interviewed Henry Kissinger, he asked the former Secretary of State if HE was Deep Throat. Pissed the guy off.

RIP Mark Felt. Your country owes you its gratitude.

Draft saved Draft deleted