1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

deep fried pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bill Horton, Nov 9, 2006.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

It just sounds way too rich for me.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's panzarotti.
    A calzone has ricotta cheese in it.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

flash, have you ever tasted deep fried turkey? it's not like fried chicken. it's just really moist. delicious.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If it's deep-fried, you know the Bloomsburg Fair will be all over it by next September. ;D

Deep-fried Oreos ... deep-fried veggies ... deep-fried cheese cubes ... deep-fried macaroni-and-cheese cubes ... this just follows.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

No. My ex-BF had it for T-giving when he was at firefighting academy in Connecticut in '01. He went on and on and on and on about it until I got sick of hearing about it. The boys on my softball board rave about it, too. But I think I'll stick with roast.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A calzone can have ricotta in it; mozzarella is more traditional, though.

And ponza rottas are fuckin' AWESOME. I had one the other night -- cheese, mushroom and pepperoni wrapped in pizza dough calzone-style and deep-fried.

There's a pizza joint around here that specializes in them, and even sells them in local supermarkets' frozen foods sections.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Calzones usually are baked and the place near me makes them with ricotta and mozzarella and you can add anything else you want (pepperoni, sausage, etc.)
    We don't have panzarotti in North Jersey, that I know of, but if it's a deep fried calzone, it works for me.

Deep fried pizza? NO.
    Deep fried sweet stuff like cookies, candy, twinkies, ice cream... NO.

Deep fried hot dogs...now we're talking!

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Pork-fried duck lips.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Deep-fried pickles

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I ate some fried pickle slices the other day. They were mighty tasty.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The only place I've ever had deep-fried pickles is Hooters and man, they're awesome.

The pickles, I mean.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Somebody someday will open a chain of state fair restaurants where you can get deep-fried anything year round, and will make out like Bill Gates.

At least until the coronary lawsuits start to roll in.

Draft saved Draft deleted