1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deep-fried foods I have eaten

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 26, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

In further proof you can batter and deep fry anything, I was at TGI Friday's this weekend and I had deep-fried green beans and they were good.
    I also had something called a cheesy bacon cheeseburger, meat, cheese, bacon and a solid disc of deep fried cheese on top of all that meat and cheese goodness.
    I thought about compiling a list of all the food I have eaten that has been deep fried, but it would probably be easier to think of the foods I haven't eaten that are deep-fried like lettuce.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

deep fried hot dogs!

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've been a lot better off avoiding deep-fried anything in recent times. But weirdest fried thing I've had is a deep-fried pickle.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

never did a deep-fried candy bar, but the deep-fried twinkees are the good. I didn't care for the cheesy bacon cheeseburger at TBIF, but I appreciated the disc of fried provolone.

Fried foods with which I've tortured my heart: potatoes, mushrooms, shrimp, chicken, twinkees, steak, onions, fish.

5. Fried pickles are surprisingly good.

6. dooley_womack1

No fried fail?

7. dooley_womack1

The strong pickle taste pretty much negated any effect frying should have had.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Fried fail is an oxymoron. Fail is always baked. And served with a squeeze of lemon.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Heaven is a deep-fried Milky Way.

Yum.

Deep-fried Oreos are OK, too.

10. I don't know exactly what to compare the taste to, but I've had them at two different places and thought they weren't bad.

Not on my regular list of appetizers, though.

11. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I had deep-fried lobster not too long ago... tasted like chicken.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've been to the Minnesota State Fair.

I win.

Draft saved Draft deleted