1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decision times UPDATE ON PAGE 3: Accord or Camry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Dec 19, 2007.

?

Given the details below, which would you choose?

1. 2007 Honda Accord

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. 2007 Toyota Camry

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. Keep looking

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Keep the 100,000 mile POS, even though Little tbf is on the way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Re: Decision times: Accord or Camry?

More demand for parts.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: Decision times: Accord or Camry?

i guess buck is a "list only" guy. ;)

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

'07 Camry, no question.

Should be ... End. Of. Thread.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I voted for the Camry. Just sold my '95 last year with 275-thousand miles. (still regret it) Needed struts and....that's about it. Love Camry's, especially if its 6-grand less. That being said, the gf has an 04 Accord with bells and whistles--sunroof, leather, heated seats. If you live in a cold climate, you NEED heated seats. But you really can't go wrong with either one.

P.S. consumer reports puts out a price guide for cars. its advertised all over the mag. It costs about 12-bucks for each report, but its worth it when negotiating with dealers. Don't deal down from sticker price, deal up from what they paid for it. And do not sell your car to a dealer. Sell it on your own....you will get screwed by dealer.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Camry - end of thread?

Not at all.

Consumer Reports has downgraded several Toyotas and said the automaker's quality is slipping.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/AUTO01/710170333/1148

In reality, though, you're probably going to be happy long-term with either an Accord or a Camry.

I think the decision here is not so much which car is better, but what's more important to you and your family, the V-6 and extra creature comforts, or saving a substantial amount of money.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Given the two choices, I would go with the Accord. But car dealers are like real estate brokers these days -- they're dyin' to make a sale. Tell them you want the extended warranty at no cost. When they say no, get up and leave. Before you get to the front door I'll bet they give it to you.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I went through this in '05 when baby W. was on the way. I went with the Camry XLE, mostly because there was a little more headroom (I'm 6'4") than the Accord. So far, no problems, but I've put only 18k miles on in 30 months.

I thought that both drove very well and I've heard very good things both owners of both in terms of reliability. Both rate extremely well in the airbag/safety tests. I think that the Camry is a little nicer looking.

8. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Tbf, You are soon to be a baby daddy. Think minivan. It is not a declaration of defeat as some think.

It is a vehicle with an awful lot of room for everything bbf (baby bags full) needs.

I drive a 2003 Honda oddysey. Leather, heated seats, front and rear climate control, DVD system (great to keep kids from noticing they have been in the car for several hours).

it has 175 thousand miles on it and there is not a single thing wrong with it.

Minivan, my friend, minivan. :)

And I am all man baby.

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Check out the low-end Subarus. Take a look at the Mazda CX-7 and CX-9. I just saw that the Chevy Malibu has been upgraded considerably for 2008. I think American-made cars will make a major comeback in the next few years, but I can understand the Accord and Camry discussion. Both have track records as very reliable cars.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Just be careful with "program cars." Many Toyotas are part of the rental program, and in some states, that needs to be stipulated on the title. Big difference between a rental and a car that the owner's wife drove.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sorry, Dirk, but Mrs. tbf gave me a pretty definitive "no" to both mini-vans and wagons.

Consumer Reports' Used Car Buying Kit gives the edge to the Honda in all areas of performance and front-seat comfort. Both get their top overall marks, however.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I have a 2007 Camry, but I bought the V6. I love it. This is our 4th Toyota, we also have a Highlander.

My folks have driven Accords for 20 years and they're great too.
    I like the new Camry's looks better than the new Accord.

For the same price, why not get the Camry LE V6?

Draft saved Draft deleted