1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decatur, Florence Ala. cuts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2underpar, Oct 2, 2012.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

yeah, I think its an opportunity lost for decatur to push into the huntsville market, at least into the affluent and trendy madison area. I guess distribution is likely an issue with Florence as the print site now.

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

This.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Shit.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Succinct, yet accurate.

rb

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Julio taught me that.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Definitely an unfortunate development, given the current situation in trendy Madison and Huntsville.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

But predictable. We all knew Huntsville was going to switch from PM to AM at some point and the Decatur folks just held off until their hand was forced by Huntsville - instead of pushing east with an AM product that, you know, might have stolen some market share. This was years ago (2002?) now.

8. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

You want to talk about a shit storm? This will have caused one soon enough. The furlough, okay, fine. Losing these particular people? I'm especially upset.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Imagine how they feel.

10. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I know exactly how they feel. I was given a severance with my second paycheck at my first stop. Just locked the doors. Two of the losses really hurt because I was particularly fond of them. I know they will do good somewhere.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

**sigh**

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Probably will do well somewhere, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted