1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debra Lafave back in jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Dec 4, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wow, we actually skipped Wednesday... Here's Thursday's:
    [​IMG]

http://tinyurl.com/225fdg

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Poin, you are the John Walsh of teacher-student sexual abuse. Perhaps you should look into creating a TV show out of this. Instead of America's Most Wanted, it could be Americans Who Want it the Most.

For those who may not have taken the time (or been too disgusted) to read these stories, a little nugget from the 3rd one on Tuesday:

The teacher picked up the boy around 10pm, then stopped at a drugstore to get condoms, then drove to a park and they were arrested at 10:45. The young man said he was sexually assaulted 3 times within this timeframe. Ah, youth....

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why are these cases nearly always female teacher/male student? I thought men were supposed to be the pervert gender. And where were these teachers when i was in school?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The women get caught because the boys brag.

5. poindexter

[​IMG]
    Don't ask, don't tell.
    Even at 14.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't do, either.

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I didn't know Johnny Damon was a teacher.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Bravo

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The cases aren't nearly always female teacher/male student; the media coverage is nearly always of cases of female teacher/male student. When I was teaching, almost all of the cases -- both rumored and actually prosecuted -- were male teacher/female student.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I couldn't post at work yesterday but immediately wondered the same thing, after reading the story.
    How was this conversation even heard by anyone else but the subjects.
    The media is choosing not to out the 17-year-old, who had to have run to authorities.
    Crap kid, if you ask me.
    Digging for some juicy conversation from her waitress buddy, then turning and ratting.

11. poindexter

Apparently, this one was a former beauty queen. A looooong time ago.
    [​IMG]

http://www.newswatch50.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=2af23e1b-6be7-44a3-a3f8-85693813f58d

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Then there's the female coach-female student .... this one from around here about 3 years ago ...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted