1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death To Smoochy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 2, 2007.

1. Boognish

Boognish Member

Couldn't disagree more. Down in the Valley was an incredible movie, and not just because Norton was in it, though he plays 'dual' characters like nobody else.

I could see how it's not for everyone, however -- lots of scenes with minimal dialogue and Bill-Frisell-like guitar riffs in the background. But I've seen it three times and it gets better with each viewing. The parallels to the 'Old West' in a modern San Fernando Valley setting, with an extremely complicated character played by Norton. Rich, literary, strongly recommended.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've never gotten around to seeing it, but I've heard the same thing. Expectations were just ridiculously high for it.

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Love Smoochy. Have some kids and watch the Noggin channel on for a few days and Death To Smoochy will be your favorite movie for at least the next month.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Was just on Comedy Central the other day.

Look at the cast for this flick.

Robin Williams

Edward Norton

Vincent Schiavelli

Danny DeVito

Jon Stewart

Hilarious movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted