1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death To Smoochy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 2, 2007.

1. I would have said the same thing but then I saw "Down in the Valley." Another awful movie.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Didn't it get awful reviews? I think I remember hearing it mentioned in the same breath as Gigli and Ishtar. Could explain why it bombed.

3. In American History X, Norton retired the trophy in the category of Greatest Performance By An Actor That Had No Freaking Chance Of Winning An Oscar.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross should be there as well... At least Norton was nominated...

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Baldwin should have been nominated for his role in The Departed, too.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Another Norton flick where he was great, but you just hoped like hell he would get shot/get the piss beat out of was "Rounders".

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I didn't think Ishtar was all that bad. I might be the only one, though.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Fixed.

9. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Curious to see him as The Hulk.

10. I don't understand the Baldwin-love. He's always playing the same guy: himself. The phone call to his real-life daughter confirmed that for me.

11. If that's an intentional dig at me because I was the one who started the bands thread, it's very well played.

12. I haven't seen that film.

Norton was incredible in both American History X and Fight Club (he might get even more love for what he did in Fight Club if Brad Pitt didn't steal the film with a chance to play an incredible character).
    Norton is always believable, and I think he selects good scripts.
    I will watch anything he's in. I haven't caught The Illusionist yet (is that what it's called?), but I'm excited about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted