1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death threats and such ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LBSE, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBSE

LBSE New Member

My favorite part is that the jump in the paper was my actual phone number. Newsprint does strange things to your mind.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

"... UFC, where everyone is looking for their 15-minutes of fame and one of the country's most popular 'sports' is a lion short of being as brutal as the ancient bouts between Roman slaves in the arena."

Anyone that naive about mixed martial arts shouldn't be writing for the masses, anyway, IMHO.

Must be a boxing fan.

3. LBSE

LBSE New Member

Actually, I've fought in two events and my best friend (a little Korean guy named Josh Younger) is a promoter out in Vegas. I've been a martial artists all my life and can understand the appeal, but the way it is set up now is pretty lame. I am a boxing fan, however, I haven't had a compelling reason to watch more than five matches in the last decade. Meh.

Waiting for Olympic tequila shot driking to catch hold ...

4. Flash

Flash Guest

You actually printed this pile of self-victimization. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Here ya go:

[​IMG]

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Wish I was 20 years younger and knew the submission style like I do now. I'd sure as hell throw my hat in the octagon. But that was many Pepsis and about 40 pounds ago. :-\

6. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

One would think. Perhaps that guy kept drinking because of the writer's poor use of grammar and then decided to make a phone call to end his misery. Yikes.

7. lono

lono Active Member

It's called a nut sack, son.

Grow. One. Now.

8. LBSE

LBSE New Member

I'm a little bit younger and I won both my events but the first guy was just old and I trained with him everyday and the second guy had no ground game whatsoever and I still bench North of 400 at the old age of 31 and the little steroid-pumped bastard couldn't break my imperfect holds. Figured it was a good time to stop while my head was still intact.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're a weight-lifter? That explains a lot, actually.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

That's a lovely run-on sentence, too. One that screams insecurity ... not that the 'wah, I got death threats' column didn't.

11. He's going to need them for this masturbatory dribble ...

12. LBSE

LBSE New Member

Hell, no. I eat crap and just try to make it to the gym five times a week. I usually make it about three. I'm just trying to keep a semi-healthy lifestyle after knocking a lot of years off the clock with organized sports and, well, being black [avg lifespan and all]. Anyway, I liftet a lot more in college and since I've managed to stay over 400 tilll 30 on my bench I figured I might as well aim for another couple of years. I'm more of a comic book nerd than anything, but if you want to define me by what I do -- lifting weights is way down on the list fat boy. Now, get back to the sportswriter feeding trough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.