1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Death of Susan Ross" anniversary thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, May 16, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There had to be a way out for George.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The last three or four years of that show were average at best.

There I said it.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

IJAG has no idea why she's having a sex dream about you right now.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. At its peak, Seinfeld was excellent.

The last three to four years weren't by any means its peak. It became a regular, joe-blow sitcom in those years with some stupid shows mixed in with a few decent ones.

Seinfeld fans will likely violently disagree, but if you put sophomoric junk like the Mandelbaum family in any other sitcom, you'd say it was shit.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

It's go time!

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Not just any cheese; stripped naked to the waist with a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

True. Of course, after that many years you run out of situations for the characters. But, yes, when they were running a Frogger arcade game through traffic, it was clear the show that specialized in making the most of small things had changed.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Don't remember much from Season 9 (Haven't gotten around to picking up the DVDs yet), but here are some things from Seasons 6, 7, and 8 that were far and above better than anything on TV at that point and since.....

Season 6: Jerry catches his dry cleaner wearing his jacket, the race, george turns down a bald woman, Mr. Pitts doorman, the Assman license plate, Kramer bets on flight arrivals, Better Midler and the softball game

Season 7: George's pact with Jerry and the ensuing hijinks, Kramer sneaks coffee into the movie theater, the Maestro calling himself the Maestro, George winking at everyone, THE SOUP NAZI, Kramer makes his own Moviefone, Sponge-worthy, the name Seven, Rob Schneider's selective hearing, Kramer's technicolor dreamcoat walking sequence, Kramer's baking his clothes in an oven, Jerry's car gets kidnapped, Kramer's dispute of the $100 hello rule, Susan's death

Season 8: Susan's foundation, Kramer fighting kids in karate class, George leaves the tape recorder in the briefcase and comes back for it, the Little Kicks, Jerry shoots bootleg movies for the art of it, the reaction of all the doctors who Elaine goes to see and the way they write in her file, George's reaction to not having sex, George's pathetic attempt at the jerk store comeback, Elaine finds out the video store clerk is really a kid living with his parents, Jerry battles a crappy tennis pro, Sarah Silverman's guest spot, George sets up his desk as a nap station, the Yada Yada, the Muffin tops (We can't throw these away), Kramer accepting a Tony.

Call me a fanboi loser, but Seinfeld had some pretty classic moments in those last three or four seasons.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Indian wedding that went backwards was really damn good.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ha! I was going to mention that as one thing that still cracks me up to this day.

As they say: diff'rent strokes rule the world HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

11. God, I hated that show.
    Not the episode.
    The show.
    They all should have died horrible deaths.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

One of my favorite episodes. Very clever concept as well.

My other favorite is in season 9 also: The Merv Griffin episode. Also, liked The Frogger one.

Plus, you had The Slicer, The Apology with James Spader and the 'good naked, bad naked' story line, a great recurring character in Kruger in that season, Festivus and the Human Fund in The Strike episode, etc., etc.

The show still had its best fastball all the way to the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted