1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death of someone who couldn't love himself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kickoff-time, Jan 25, 2012.

1. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

IJAG - I absolutely didn't think that you were. No worries at all - we're all just trying to help.

KOT - if you are reading...during the Penn State stuff, you mentioned you were the parent of a child who was the target of a sexual predator. I remember reading that and, as a parent, feeling that I couldn't imagine going through something like that and how much strength it must take to come out the other side. You're obviously someone who is strong and has people who care about you and love you. Just...please think about that.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

anybody who can do anything, do it. I haven't received any response yet and there's no guarantee I will. No one is stepping on toes here.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you have kids, remember they're going to have to live with this for the rest of their life.

Please don't do anything!!!

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

This site is a brotherhood/sisterhood of folks that have experienced many of the same feelings you are having right now. Please log back in and discuss it. Let your brothers and sisters take care of you for a little while. Please?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I fail myself all the time, too. PM me if you'd like to talk about it with someone who knows how it feels.

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I don't there is a person here who hasn't felt like they've lost hope or thought very dark thoughts; I've probably been closer than a lot of people. But that doesn't mean that things can't get better. Trust me on this - talking to people can be such a huge help. As mentioned before, we'd love to hear more about what you are going through and - I'd be willing to bet - share what we've gone through. I know I would.

Please reach out to us.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This thread is both really sad and really incredible. Seeing people combing through posts to do whatever they can to help someone they've never met it shows how much of a community this is. I hope the sleuthing is successful.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Go to a hospital. Just go. Walk into the ER and say you need help. They know what to do. Let someone else carry you the rest of the way.

Let us know what happens.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Follow what 21 said, k_t. If you go to the hospital, things will get better. And you have quite a few people here who care about you and want you to do this.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Please don't do this, it's not worth it.

We are here to help and to talk with you I beg of you, don't do this.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

KOT at the risk of sounding shallow maybe for no other reason you need to be around for the first college football championship. It's going to happen and you need to be there.In reading back over your posts obviously you have a vast knowledge and interest in college football.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He's right, and there are a lot of things you want to be around for.

Good, positive things happen every day in this world by the millions. Some of them are coming your way. They are.

Draft saved Draft deleted