1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death of someone who couldn't love himself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kickoff-time, Jan 25, 2012.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Suicide notes have become advanced as evidenced by this through social means as opposed to the typical pen and paper.

The story is well worn for those for know me, so I will try to keep it short.

I have fucked up everything good in my life.

I will never escape my pursuit of trying to be my best, win the game, be considered first. But, and this is the part I never learn, I will always fail in that pursuit.

It is as simple as that. It's a game that is destined for me to fail, still I continue to play it all the while knowing I will never win in the end.

I might lead, even in the fourth quarter, but I will somehow blow it.

So, there is no use trying to remain in the game. I've fought it for about 40 years now.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If I understand this correctly please seek help. Call someone. Every life has value.

Anyone know this person to reach out to them?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

NO doubt. If anyone knows him/her in real life, please make a call.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Working on it here - and anyone else who knows please try to help.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

"The second I went over the ledge, I realized, I didn't want to do it." Kevin Hines.

6. Boom_70

In going over post history for clues, looks like the guy is a college football writer possibly based in Pittsburgh area.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

K.O.T,

Is it really just about winning? Is that the lesson here? Please come back, and let's discuss. I want to know more about those 40 years. You'd be doing a favor to me.

8. imjustagirl

Guys, Moddy is on it. He's reached out to the appropriate people, so don't take no response as no action.

I'm not stopping you from sleuthing, but there is action being done.

Moddy, sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds in saying these things.

9. Boom_70

Anyone who wants to try and help - go through kickoff times posting history to see if any clues jump out at you.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've reached out to a former co-worker who is now at the Seattle Times.

11. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I don't doubt that at all - I'm 100 percent sure Moddy is doing everything he can. But getting boots on the ground to try and figure out who this person is and how we can help them sure isn't going to hurt. We're reporters (most of us, or at least used to be), so hopefully we can use our skills in this case to help.

I'll definitely take Moddy's lead on this - if he wants me/us to cool our Hardy Boy jets, I'd do that, too.

12. imjustagirl

rmanfredi, that's why I said I wasn't trying to stop you. I just wanted you to know it wasn't going out into a black hole. Anything anyone can do to help would obviously be awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted