1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death is at our doorstep

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 9, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm not scared of Death.

2. Death

Death Member

Nope. Haven't been a scribe in many years. Death's chosen career path -- what else could it be -- yep, Death's a desker.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Death is encouraging us to drink? It's a sign!

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That he'll be visiting you sooner than you think?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I always figured Death to be a Blatz kinda guy.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Now I know why I never want to work desk again.

Just don't hurt me Death!

7. Death

Death Member

The night hours are great though. And you get to write some killer headlines.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

All right, I've got to ask.

Does it piss you off when people dress up like you for Halloween? Do all the wannabes make you want to ... well, exact revenge?

9. Death

Death Member

No, it's kinda flattering. Not very often you see someone dressing up as a line editor for Halloween ... ;-)

But seriously ... I don't like the negative portrayal of death. I think I get a bum rap lots of times. Without death, can one really appreciate life?

So when the pretenders step up on Oct. 31, they need to come hard or go home, lest their penance become pain for being wannabes.

Halloween ... the one night where the agate, optionals and call feeds handle themselves, since Death has other business to tend to.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Too bad kids now know to look out for the razors in apples.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Death -- please go visit Hillary Clinton's campaign so we can settle the Democratic nomination sooner, rather than later.

12. Death

Death Member

Yea, the one or two kids each year in the world that actually WOULD eat apples -- instead of egging the person's house who gave them the fruit on Halloween -- can breathe easy. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted