1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death by Pitch Count; From a Fav

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5-6, listed at 190 (in reality, more like 245).

[​IMG]

The passages on Hack Wilson in the Bill Veeck books are hilarious. :D :D

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I have just done some research on this, and I think the people like Jenkins might be right, but not making the right argument. Obviously complete games are down since the 1960s. The game is so different from then that it's almost incomparable.

However, what I found startling is that complete games, and high-pitch count games, have drastically been reduced since as recently as 2000.

Quoting my own blog...

Furthermore, as recently as 2002, there were 15 guys who had at least four complete games. Last year there were three.

The conditions of the game haven't changed that much in the past five or 10 years, so I'm left to think that maybe it is just a rampant paranoia that's taken hold recently.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That picture is the definition of big, strapping galute. Or big ol' palooka. Great shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted