1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dearest moderators,

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Moddy is in Copenhagen

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I deign that bad timing.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Groan. We'll exile you to the Ukraine for that. The Ukraine girls will really knock you out. ;)

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Its Youcrane

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    If do right, no can defense.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I call you a troll. I get that you claim not to mean at least some of what you post, but I really don't care. You go out of your way to cause problems. That you are only doing it to entertain yourself is irrelevant. Hell, that's why most of us read and post here. That does not make you unique.

Your attempts to force political conversation that doesn't even fit some of the topics you post on is counter-productive. I believe you are genuine in your desire to see the politics thread reopened. In my opinion, when you play your games, you are not helping make this happen. You are making it less-likely to happen.

7. outofplace

Those points have been made many times, but you do have multiple moderators with varying levels of tolerance. Expecting the exact same enforcement from all of them at all times is just silly.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OOP, if it were put to a vote and only one of you could stay, Fart wins in a landslide.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I've said this before ... when there is a major news event, SportsJournalists.com quickly has a thread on it with plenty of links that can get you various angles on a breaking story. That's one of the things many of us appreciate about this site.

Then after a few days, the thread often devolves into the familiar political battles, name calling, and — from what I understand — bitchy PMs to the mods and other board members. Out comes the padlock.

Like the media in general, we do breaking news well here. Analysis and commentary? Not always.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

As I said, no problem with Fart, but it is sad to me that aggravating the shit out of people qualifies as entertainment. But that's the internet, I suppose. It's almost to the point that those who are causing problems are pushing even further because everyone has come to expect it. In fairness, I'm not sure you are the best person to criticize Mr. Fart given your adversarial relationship.

11. outofplace

JC, I don't need to be popular to be right. And even you know I'm right.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.