1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Webby

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think I've figured out what's delaying this site for me, and I'm writing to request that you remove the video in the top right corner. Everything else loads and then my 'puter freeze while the ad screen loads, upwards of a minute every single time.

You know I love this site (as do the other million members), and I suspect I'm not the only one with this issue. Is there a way to resolve this?

Happy Valentine's Day,
    X

Edit: OK, I changed the title to Webby. I've used this site for years without a single hitch, ever. But this has become uber-frustrating. I use Safari at home, and rarely if ever have issues with picture links or video links. But this Google video ad sucks donkey balls.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Dear Moddy

You'll probably want to rename the thread Dear Webby.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but Moddy isn't your answer. You need Webby.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I keep getting Flash errors on mine. And not the good Flash errors (where a certain poster would send me a photo that won't open). I'll happily contribute more to the SportsJournalists.com operating fund if it will help, but the video seems to give my work computer some fits.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You should probably talk to Webby.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dear Landlord,
    Please don't put a price on my soul.
    My burden is heavy.
    My dreams are beyond control.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dear X,
    Love you, too, my friend. I can't help on this one.
    Send Webby a box of chocolates and your request. And a check. Lots of checks. Otherwise, he needs the ads.
    This joint is fun but it ain't free.
    Love,
    Moddy

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Webby...ads or no ads...if you need help keeping the site up and running, please send out a request for donations. I'll be more than thrilled to do my part.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hell, I'll give him the common courtesy of a reach-around for the sake of helping make this site run faster.

And no joint worth its stone ought to be free ...

I've kiboshed sent money before, and I'll send money again.

X

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have no problems with the ads, but that movie screen on the upper right shows some weird stuff bordering on embarrassing.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No problems with SportsJournalists.com delays here. Running the same as it ever did.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes...the wedgie video raised an eyebrow or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted