1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear very nice people who work for radio stations

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hankschu, Nov 8, 2011.

1. hankschu

hankschu Member

You do realize, don't you, that when you dial into a conference call and hit the "hold" button, the live feed from your station that serves as your "hold music" is broadcast to everyone on the conference call, which then grounds to a halt?

I didn't think so.

Morons.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Re: Dear fucking idiots who work for radio stations

Oh, it wouldn't happen to be one closely associated with a team you cover, would it?

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Speaking of work, lots of people read this site from work. Those who do, not to mention our friendly moderators, would appreciate thread titles without profanity, especially on the Journalism board.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

grinds

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'll lay 2-to-5 odds that it's my local all-sports station, which appears to be run by a group of kids from the local middle school.

A few times an hour they give the "local" update and I want to yank the radio out of my dashboard and throw it under a semi every time they run yesterday's. " . . . and it's a big day over at Tomato Can U. when they take on Cupcake State tonight in a battle for the division lead . . . "

Hey, stupid, go buy a newspaper: That game was played LAST night!

I can count on this kind of brilliance at least once a week.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I heard one like that this morning. "The Local U soccer team will have a watch party at 3:30 this afternoon." Nope...that was 3:30 yesterday afternoon.

7. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Don't tell them that. Then they'll promptly go on the air and read all your stories verbatim like they're breaking news without giving you one ounce of credit.

Draft saved Draft deleted