1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Tina, I'm so sorry I said that stuff about you, love Satch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

A few years back I pilloried Tina Fey for being the downfall of SNL. Not only is that clearly not the case, but she can absolutely bring it on 30 Rock, which is about to approach The Office as the best comedy on commercial TV.

"Tell her that your privates want to do a high-five with her privates." ??? Out of Tracy Jordan's mouth, how does it get better than that.

This week's episode was better than the one where Jack did the Good Times spiel. Probably the show's best episode yet.

2. Hey, it made Al Gore hilarious.
    Now THAT'S comedy writing.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

You thought Gore was funny on that episode?

But I agree on Fey. She's funny, smart and very good looking, quite the triple threat.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tina's here, we're getting back together.

5. part-timer

part-timer Member

Hey, give us a minute, will ya?

6. I don't get the obsession with Tina Fey.

She's a brilliant comedy writer. Looks? Y'all wouldn't prefer Jane Krakowski?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I would! But Tina does a great job with 30 Rock. It's actually been funnier than The Office has been. And I love that show too.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Both shows have had great Gore moments.

"I hear a whale in trouble...."

9. Simon_Cowbell

Perhaps. Her looks and her comic and singing talents are exceptional.

But knowing the Fey has created that whole show.... the she has that much under the comic hood, that puts her just ahead of Ms. "I French kiss. My daddy says I do it better than anyone else" for me.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

I'm going steady, and I French kiss. So? Everybody does that. Yeah, but Daddy says I'm the best at it

a very solid line indeed.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

This week's 30 Rock was priceless just because Fred Armisten and his brother said they've been to The Cleve, which is an echo of one line in last year's episode in Cleveland.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Especially when it is quoted properly.

Good work.

Draft saved Draft deleted