1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Tennessean: Unedited Twitter feeds on homepage = bad idea

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Aug 5, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Would someone more savvy than I please go do a screen capture so we can save this for posterity?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, it wasn't on the home page when I got there... will this do?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

In an unrelated matter, their primary voting coverage tonight has been terrible every time I have looked.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We recently put up a TV monitor for running twitter feeds. Had a girl scout group here in a tour and they got to the screen just as someone twittered that somebody was a no good motherfucker.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Those girl scout troops are always getting in the way like that.

About 10-12 years ago we had a troop going through our shop and the veteran preps writer unleashes a torrent when his computer crashes again: "God damn, motherfucking, user vicious piece of shit." Just then the troop walks through the department.

After they move along, without any hint of an apology from him he says: "They ought to tie a god damn bell around their neck so you can hear them coming."

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Cape--your real name ain't Bob DeNiro by any chance, is it?

Draft saved Draft deleted