1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear SkipToMyLou ... (UNLEASH!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: Dear SkipToMyLou ... (BE NICE!)

So we have to wait another 18 years to come after you?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

When you first started? You'd do it NOW.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Although, you know what, I can't actually prove it. Last time I saw Lou he said he was leaving for a 22 day safari to Iceland. So I guess anything is possible.

As for our friend Skippy--At the age of 22, you're old enough to know it doesn't really matter what anonymous people think of you on a message board, but you're probably too young to realize why everyone is telling you to stfu.

If you're here to learn and understand the business, maybe post less and read more. If you're really just here to kill some time and and jack around (which is not an insult, it describes some of the great posters in SJ history), then have at it, but you get what you get.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

But I'm a Mariners fan! :)

And OOP, I like the added emoticon. It's like you're saying "I'm going to insult you harshly but it's all better because I put a smiley face." :)

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thicken your skin.

You're going to get called out, criticized, etc., often times for no good reason at all. Sometimes just because someone happens to be in a bad mood or wants to fuck with you. And since you're on a board full of writers, when some of the best of them gets their dander up, they can use words to cut you like a surgeon.

Show you have some backbone. Just like on the playground, the ones who are bothered by teasing become a magnet for more teasing. So don't get riled.

That said, pick the right times to unthicken your skin for a good rant, its good entertainment for everyone!

Also, be open to the idea that every opinion you have isn't owed respect. That's true for everyone, including myself. Be prepared to accept or least give a nod to an opposing view before you go off half-cocked on your own opinions.

To wit, for me? I like simple pleasures. Like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me. That's just something that I enjoy.

Doesn't make me right, doesn't mean the field isn't open to criticism.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who's SkipToMyLou?

He's not some Plain Dealer intern is he?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of this newbie until this thread. Did he get a round of beers for everybody yet?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There is some debate as to whether he is old enough to buy beer. (HE IS!!! HE IS 22!!!)

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But only if you have big feet.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Which thread should we use to tell him it's not necessary to post on the baseball thread so much?

I think he might give Moddy a heart attack.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Skip?

Lou?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.