1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear SkipToMyLou ... (UNLEASH!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Re: Dear SkipToMyLou ... (BE NICE!)

Sam Mills was a great man. May he rest in peace.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, he was.

Good call.

3. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

I made an apology thread guys and I am intent on being a better poster here. I hope you guys give me a shot to do so.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The best piece of advice I've ever seen for anyone joining a new Internet community is to sit back and lurk for a while. Read the posts, get a feel for the culture of the site before making your first posts.

That approach would help you figure out what the cultural mores are like. It can help you learn what's verboten, what's acceptable, and where the fights usually happen.

I haven't read your posts as SkipToMyLou, so I don't know the preconceived notions people have of you. The best way to overcome them is to sit back and watch other people post. And for God's sake, be respectful to people on here.

When you've been here a while, you will have a better idea of who's a dick and who's a Dick. Until then, fetch me a beer, newbie. Fat Tire on draft. :D

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice the thread title changing from "Dear SkipToMyLou...(BE NICE!)" to "Dear SkipToMyLou...(UNLEASH!)"?
    Also, am I the only one wondering if Skip and mrbio are one and the same? Or maybe Skip is mrbio's son?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Skip's averaging 47 posts a day and he's been here about a week. Maybe a little over.

I average half a post a day. I've been here six years. At his pace, he'll surpass me in total posts before October 21.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wanted to post that, but I couldn't find a big enough image, hence, the Youtube video.

Shhh, don't remind hm about paces. Next he'll start a thread asking if Cam Newton is the all-time greatest passer because he's on pace to finish with 5,500 yards after three weeks.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I got the 12 o'clock news blues? Have you given up hope for the afternoon soaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.