1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear SJ.Com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you have distinct leases, calling for distinct security, the landlord can't take your security to cover the other person's back rent.
    No way, that's the reason for the distinct lease and distinct security, to protect you from the landlord penalizing you because of your roommate's problem.
    Now, when it comes time to move out and the landlord does the walk-through and hits you with the cleaning charge, that goes back to the missing roommate. Although her security deposit is gone to cover back rent, she owes you a third of all cleaning costs that come out, pro-rated to account for the month she hasn't lived there.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Problem solved.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Aye

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I agree with whoever said you need to check the terms of your lease. If you are separate and it clearly says you're sep, then go after the money. If not, you're prolly screwed...and you've learned to be careful about who you room with.

5. That and he needs to quit being such a fucking pushover.

There, I said it.

6. Dude,
    You're fucked and you're friendship with Roomie A is likely Ka-put if/when you bring up the $$$ issue.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Read the lease. If it does not say that you are liable for other people's lapses, then this guy just cannot take your money at a whim.

If it's not in the lease, it cannot happen.

Oh, is A a girl? I'm guessing she has tits till Tuesday because there is no fucking way you should be kissing her ass like that. I would have had a fucking yard sale while she was gone, and guess what would have been sold?

And $2100 deposit? Do you have a ferret farm in there? Are you renting the Aud? Sweet Jesus. The deposit should be one months rent, and I don't think there is a stricture in all of Buffalo that rents for over $2100 a month.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hello!!!

You're house sitting for them? And dog sitting?

I would change all locks in the place and take the house and the dog hostage until I get my money back.

9. Shotguns tend to settle situations like this 'round these parts.

(Unloaded) Point it at your roomie.
    (Loaded) Point it at the owner.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Yet another reason why I'm glad I've lived alone for the past 10 years.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i think ace is back to doing smack ... again. i

Draft saved Draft deleted