1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Sir: You owe us $211 TRILLION

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Dec 1, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How's this for a computer error?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14740712/detail.html

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Wachovia. The fuckers hounded me for years on my fuckin' student loan.

Fuck 'em.

That is all.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How else are we gonna pay for the war?

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The man missed an awesome opportunity. He should have written a check to Wachovia for $212 trillion dollars. If he was lucky, the same doofus who made the first mistake would have put his check through the system and screwed up Wachovia's books for the rest of the decade.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You left out one piece of information: Did you make every payment on time?

Why do people who borrow money get offended when the creditors want the money back in the timely fashion both parties agreed to?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wachovia bought the loan and imposed new conditions. At the time I was working for the Shitsburg Daily Shitrag, making less than $10,000 a year.

Fuck 'em.

With a fucking red-hot poker.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I hate Wachovia. With a burning passion. I opened up a Bank of America checking and savings account last week online, with the "Keep the Change" thing (I can never save money), and I called customer service yesterday to get the routing number so I could change all my direct deposit and withdrawal information.

As soon as I'm sure everything is switched over? Adios, Wachovia.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A few months back, the New York Times had a story about telemarketers scamming elderly people. They got their names from list management companies (who sold them only the names with ages and addresses) and used that information to get their phone numbers. Then they conned these people into giving them bank information and started making huge withdrawals from these peoples' accounts.

Guess what bank let it happen?

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

They can only change the rules if you broke the rules first. That's the big catch that banks put on you. Pay on time and everything is great. Make late payments or miss a payment and they can screw you over like there is no tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted