1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear readers: Your team rules. Love, a reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Maybe nothing. I'm just wondering what drives somebody to write something like that.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought this was a thread about the columnists who cover SEC football... ;D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Chris Rock sure had some golden stuff in his glory days.

4. The cheerleaders were fabulous, and worked really hard, too.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I agree with you, Starman. The team that the Buffalo-area team faced, Glove City, headquarters in my hometown, and I know that the team was disbanded for a couple of years because no one gave a shit enough to want to play. Now they've got it going again, but the turnout's not great and like you said, most of the players are just guys who love the game of football. I don't have any problem with this reporter's letter at all.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

We must have slipped through a hole in the time-space continuum and entered a parallel galaxy. Because that's the only place you'd see Starman post that.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Completely agree with Starman.

Christ, we're covering games here, not saving the world or some shit.

Every time some reporter makes a personal connection with the players, fans or coaches he/she covers, it's not a bad thing. Not everyone takes this shit as seriously as most of you seem to. To a lot of people, the stuff that happens on fields and courts is just a distraction -- as are the stories and columns that come from those events.

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Fixed.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

although it might quite possibly be gay ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I think it's obvious the reporter is the father of one of the Glove City players.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't think we as reporters should be writing letters to the editor in any paper, for any reason. It's one of the rights we surrender at the door when we enter this profession.

12. And there it is. It's as simple as that.

Draft saved Draft deleted