1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear President Bush, as the 6th anniversary of 9-11 approaches ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

administration ... clever.

sir, you speak in oxymorons.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There are 2 choices.
    1. The Bush led United States military is a 3 notches below The Liechtenstein Navy.
    2. I'm right.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you think the Bush administration wouldn't capture bin Laden if they could, and parade that event all over the world and milk it for all it's worth, you're nuttier than all the 9-11 conspiracy theorists put together.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

3. No you're not.
    4. I'm damn glad you'll never have anything to do with the U.S. military.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, mission accomplished?

6. Besides, as the president said a while back, he "doesn;t spend a lot of time" thinking about the murderer of 3000 Americans.
    Not when there's an epochal clusterf"k to plan.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Once again journalists have failed to do their jobs.
    The question that hangs in their air like a 3 day old helium balloon is, What Mission was Accomplished?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but don't throw that one by hondo. he ignores questions. i think he's been tutored by his online god, yawn. from what i understand, he has a bucky dent-like poster of yawn hanging on his bedroom ceiling.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

psst, that was my point.

10. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I bet it might also have something to do with the Bush Administration's decision 4 + years ago to divert resources and troops from Afghanistan where OBL was supposedly holed up at the time to instead start an unnecessary war in Iraq.

11. I agree that any resources spent in Iraq take away from resources we could be using to catch Osama.
    Also, it's pretty clear the invasion of Iraq has actually created more terrorists because it has been called a "crusade," by Bush himself, and is seen in the Middle East as an attack on Muslims.
    Any time we increase hatred of "The Great Satan" over there, we're just asking for trouble.
    So not only are we making it harder to catch Osama by not devoting our full attention to him, but we're also creating more like him every day, at the cost of thousands of lives and billions of dollars.
    Brilliant.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So are saying that the administration is incompetent, rather than devious? OK. You have convinced me. I'll go with that.

Congrats, you have won an argument on SportsJournalists.com

Draft saved Draft deleted